Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big League Chew

As a way to expend Crazy Face's extreme amounts of energy, I take him to the baseball field at work.  It's the only large totally fenced in area I have access to on a regular basis.  He absolutely loves running around in right field, chasing me, chasing his tail, smelling the fences, and doing all those interesting and funny things dogs do while they are free to roam. 

Side bar: Crazy Face has this obsession with pre-chewed, discarded, black with dirt and germs gum.  He absolutely loves to scrape the smushed gum off the sidewalk and chew it as though he were a 6 year old child.  I find it utterly disgusting, so I try very hard to stop him before he starts chomping on the gum.  Most of the time I'm successful.

While on an escapade in right field, Crazy Face found a wad of pre-chewed, discarded in the grass, Big League Chew.  He was running around expending his pent up energy, spotted this light pink wad of pure joy, scooped it up with lightning speed.  We were trying to stop him from chewing this bundle of bliss, he was not having it.  He was doing that ever so (not) funny tactic of running close enough to tease me, then darting away like a speeding bullet.  He ran around in circles for about 5 minutes, taunting us, yelling "na-na-nanana-na, neener neener neener."  The entire time, he was chomping this wad of Big League Chew out of the side of his mouth.  It was almost as if he was channeling a 2 year old boy running away from his parents who are trying to get the dying gold fish out of his hands and a teenage girl chomping away on her gum saying "Like I can't believe...he was all...then I was like...OH. MY. GOD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment